Applying to the Fund
Complete grant applications are due on March 1 and September 1. Decisions are made when the Board of Directors meets in June and December.
All proposals should include a cover letter using our revised template, and a proposal narrative using the Association of Baltimore Area Grantmakers Grant Proposal Format.
Past grantees should contact the Fund by phone or email each year, in advance of reapplying.
If you have not previously received funds from the foundation, please send a one- to two-page Letter of Intent (LOI) that answers the questions below. Letters can be emailed to Brooke Hisle at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Brooke's attention at 101 W. Mount Royal Ave., Baltimore 21201.
- What is the mission and work of the organization?
- What population does the organization serve?
- How is the organization a good fit with the mission and priorities of The Fund for Change?
- For what program or project is the organization seeking funding?
- Please provide a dollar amount that you are requesting.
- Please be sure to provide the contact person’s name, title, the organization’s full name, a mailing address, a daytime telephone number, e-mail address, and fax number.
- Please include an organizational budget that includes current sources of funding.
- Please include a list of your current staff that includes each person's position.
- Please include a list of your current board members.
We will respond to all LOIs. The timeline for new grant requests is:
- Submit a letter of intent.
- If your organization is considered a good fit with the mission and priorities of The Fund for Change, an in-person meeting will be scheduled.
- After the meeting, a full proposal may be requested.